Dienstag, Januar 01, 2008

Report from October 2007 – Trip to Darmstadt

Went to Darmstadt my old hometown in Hesse on a Thursday to look after our estate there. It was really nice I had the time to meet some of my old school pals and I also had the chance visiting my friend Claudia in Michelstadt.

St. Ludwig the catholic church in Darmstadt. It is a copy of the pantheon in Rome. The locals also call it the cheese cover (Käseglocke). It´s quite impressive.

The new entrance of the Darmstädter Staatstheater. It has got two stages - " big house" (for opera) and a "small house" (mainly for theater and ballet) Great world premieres took place here. For example Eugene Ionescus "die Nashörner".

The castle and old town hall in Darmstadt with marketplace.








The famous and beautiful medieval townhall of Michelstadt.



Window Shopping in Michelstadt!!??



Michelstadt and Erbach are in the middle of the Odenwald and famous for their beautiful old half-timbered houses. I always love to be here.



Old doorknob of the main entrance of the church in Michelstadt. I do love gargoils.
Had a good trip back home to Munich without much traffic on Sunday.

Keine Kommentare: